Wendy Andrew is a British artist and writer who was very kind and agreed to do an interview. She is the author of Luna Moon Hare.
You can enter the Lunar Love Giveaway and win this wonderful book!
Facebook fan page.
1) Hi Wendy, thank you so much for doing this interview. Could you please introduce yourself?
Hi, I'm Wendy Andrew. Thank you so much for inviting me.
2) When and how did you get the idea to write Luna Moon Hare?
The concept of 'Luna Moon Hare' came to me in a flash in about 2000. I believe the spark of the idea was given to me by Brigid - Goddess of inspiration. I really wanted to create something that could be enjoyed by adults and children alike and help people understand the wheel of the year. It took about four years for the idea to manifest as a book!
3) What did you enjoy more, writing or illustrating the book?
Ooo that's a tricky question because I love both and also sometimes find both quite challenging! For both writing and painting I need a lot of intense time alone in my studio. I get so steeped in it all that I sometimes find it hard to make the transition back into the everyday world. I guess it is quite like meditation.
4) Are you planning to write (and illustrate) another one?
I am currently working on a book with a fellow artist.... all will be revealed in Autumn this year!
5) In Luna Moon Hare the reader learns about the eight sabbats, the closest one now is Imbolc. What is this sabbat about, and what does it mean to you?
All the sabbats are so special but Imbolc is one of my favourites! Brigid is such a powerful force in my life. At Imbolc it is Brigid who brings Her fire to gently wake the sleeping winter world... She brings the promise of spring and all new beginnings.
6) What is your inspiration?
The turning of the seasons and the Goddess whispering through the mythical realms.
7) Who are your favourite authors and artists?
Ah there are so many amazingly gifted people! I love the work of the Victorian illustrators like Dulac and Rackham...also contemporary illustrators and writers like Jackie Morris and Brian Froud and Kit Berry's Stonewylde series are wonderful books but I guess my favourite artist is Susan Seddon Boulet.
8) I discovered your book in a shop in Glastonbury, a very special English town. What is your relationship with this place?
Ah yes Glastonbury is a very special place. I have had some very significant life changing experiences in Avalon!
9) Anything you'd like to add?
I'd just like to say thank you again for inviting me. I have been so delighted with how 'Luna Moon Hare' has been received by everybody. She really seems to have touched people's hearts. I have recently written and produced a guided visualization in which Luna leads you to meet The Goddess in Her Maiden, Mother and Crone forms it is called 'Sacred Pouch'