Interview: Amber Argyle

Amber Argyle is the author of the Witch Song Series. The second book, Witch Born, is released today! :)


1) Hello Amber, thank you for joining us today. Could you please introduce yourself? 

I grew up on a cattle ranch with three brothers. I graduated from USU with a degree in Physical Education and English. I live in the Rocky Mountains with my husband and three kids ages 3, 6, and 10. I love shopping, crafting, hiking, and hanging out with my friends. I also play basketball and run to keep in shape. I adore quality chocolate (none of the cheap stuff) and shoes. 

2) Can you shortly describe what is your Witch Song series about? 

Witch Song is about witches who control nature with their songs. But when they are all imprisoned, it's up to seventeen-year-old Brusenna to find and free them before the world tears itself apart. Witch Born continues with Brusenna's journey. She discovers that Haven is not the sanctuary she once thought. Dangers to the witches come from within and without, and she's the only one willing to confront the hidden danger threatening everything she loves. 

3) How many books are you planning for this series? 

I'm writing a sequel to go with the first two books. It will end after that. 

4) There are so many paranormal/supernatural beings to write about, so why witches? 

I wanted to take something that was often cast as evil and dark (witches, chanting, etc) and turn it into something beautiful. My witches sing to control nature, so they can sing and a plant will grow, a storm will come, etc. 

5) Who are your favourite writers and what are your favourite books? 

There are way to many to list. You can follow me on Goodreads for a complete list of my books.
A few books I've really enjoyed lately are The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa, Firelight Series by Sophie Jordan, and I absolutely adored Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood. 

6) Anything you'd like to add? 

The harder you work, the luckier you get. :)







Excerpt:

1. Shadows 

The night was so deep the shadows seemed to bleed darkness. Senna glanced toward the hidden sky, searching for the moon that would not come. Not tonight. Even the strongest starlight was strangled by the dense canopy of trees. The temporary blindness was frightening, but it ensured no one would notice her slipping away. 
With each step she took, the roar of the waterfall grew louder. Finally, she reached the staircase carved into the side of the cliff. Mindful of the slippery steps, she climbed upward until her muscles burned and sweat broke across her skin despite the chill. When she’d crested the top and crossed the bleak expanse, she glanced at the frothing sea far below. Sea spray misted her skin. She faced westward, towards the distant land of Tarten. Closing her eyes, she cast her senses across the vast ocean, searching and feeling the faraway echoes of the Four Sisters—Earth, Water, Plants, and Sunlight. She concentrated until she could hear their pain, an aching melody. 
Senna’s tears started again, wetting the salty tracks already on her cheeks. At night, her dreams haunted her. Dreams of a withered land and a dying people. With all the strength she had, she sang. 

Let not the curse of Witches 
Destroy a land of natural riches. 
Plants, preserve life in thy roots, 
Seeds sleep in earth, send forth no shoots 
Until the Witches shall disperse 
This terrible and unjust curse.

Giveaway:

I decided to do a little giveaway, as I got both books for free. The first one during the sale on Amazon and the second from the author. I thought it would be nice to pay it forward. I'm giving away an ebook from the Witch Song series. However, I only found the first book as an ebook on Amazon, so bear that in mind.
So it's international and one winner will get either Witch Song, or Witch Born. There is only one entry and it's free. You don't have to do anything, though it would be nice if you could leave a comment, follow my blog or Amber's, or spread the word. Good luck! ;)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

7 comments:

Amber Argyle, author said...

Thanks, Petra!

Charity said...

I have both e-books, so I don't need to win, but they were some of the best stories I have read in some time. Tantalizing, intriguing and kept me locked in, it was hard to put them down each night, I just wanted to keep reading! Great story line with great characters and really hope there is a 3rd book coming soon!

Petra said...

@Amber
My pleasure! :)

@Charity
Glad to hear you enjoyed both books. :) Also, I love the covers, they are magical. :)

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

This series sounds so interesting:) Great interview!

OrganizedJunkie said...

I would really love to read this. Hope I win!

DMS said...

What a great interview. I think it is a unique story and I like that she made witches seem beautiful. I think this is a series I will enjoy. Thanks for the chance to win. :)
~Jess

Nikki said...

I'm really excited for this book! It's very different from other books that we have out there. Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)